To all artists, big and small. 8 reasons why 2014 will be your year!
1. The online art community is bigger than ever. Finding them on Facebook, Deviantart, Cghub, Tumblr, Twitter, Blogspot and so on. It's massive!!
2. Google hangout. Such a great way of communicating directly to your fellow artists! And to keep the 'bound-at-home' artists form getting lonely
3. Livestreams, less direct, but easy to watch previous video's from awesome artists. See how they do what they do! And when they're live, you also get a chance to ask questions or socialize!
4. Online mentoring, sometimes free other times for a small fee, and now and then for the more in-depth a reasonable price, yet way intenser and personal than many (expensive) allround-artschools.
5. Concept-Artschool's. Yes! I see them more and more, mainly in America and Asia. Please bring them to Europe!!!
6. Conventions Get-together's and Workshops. We've all looked envious at all those Massive Black and Bali workshop photos. Now that we know how awesome those events are we MUST save up for the next one! And I'm sure 2014 will have more!!
7. The Cintiq Companion. Expensive machine.. but hell! It makes you mobile! No more being trapped in your office or at home, go and see the worldd!!!!
8. This new-found social spirit. Everyone has been incredibly motivational towards other artists throughout the year. I see struggling artists gathering together keeping each other up, I see newbies being helped by older artists, making their entry into art so much easier than the previous generation.
So hereby we have no reason not to be optimistic about 2014. 2014 will rock! <3
Yay! May be the art with us!
Agreed! This is a well thought out list that makes sense. Happy New Year to you and yours and may your art flow!
Great inspirational advise!!! Thanks! Bring on 2014!
Great post! Thanks and I wish you a very prosperous 2014!
I wish I could share your optimism, but as much as I love doing art and my fellow artist friends, I don't think anything regarding making a living from my art will change
Whoohoo! happy new year ^^
Yes, optimism is the key! I'm particularly excited about #1 and #8, it's a great time to be posting art and learning from masters. This year should be a great one with the way things are going, at least for me.
I just love this journal.
Great summarry you made here, you´re so right, this is the year, hope conceptart education gets over here too